Here are the frequently asked questions and the answers (FAQ). If you can’t find your answers, please feel free to contact us.
All you need to bring is yourself and any relevant reports (X-ray and imagine reports, tests done from your doctor etc). Please try to come in something comfortable and loose (we may need access to your arms and legs, so something you can fold up would be perfect).
As for the frequency, for acute conditions you may need two sessions a week, and for general conditions we suggest once or twice a week at early beginning in order to achieve the quickest response from your body. As your condition improves, treatment is reduced to once a week or per fortnight. The duration between treatments becomes longer until your condition is resolved and you no longer require treatment. Certain conditions may require treatment to be arranged around the stages and phases of the body (eg. fertility & IVF).
There are certain formulas and herbs that are very good for pregnant women to ensure a healthy and smooth pregnancy. Acupuncture can also help pregnant women with many things such as morning sickness, nausea, pain and facilitating labour.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal right before your appointment. However, Do make sure you have eaten a meal earlier in the day. It is best neither hungry nor too full before having an acupuncture treatment.
- Don’t exhaust yourself immediately before your appointment.
- Don’t brush or scrape your tongue coating when you brush your teeth before your appointment, as Dr. Wu may want to examine your tongue.
- Don’t drink anything that may color your tongue coating before your appointment, such as coffee, soda, or juice. However, Do stay hydrated by drinking water or tea, as neither of these affect the color of the tongue.
- Do try to come to the appointment in a relaxed state of mind so as to help your body accept the treatment to the best. Loose, comfortable clothing that provides easy access to torso, arms and legs is most desirable.